To our Sherbourne communities,
As we continue to actively monitor this rapidly evolving situation around the COVID-19 pandemic, our hearts and minds are on those affected by the virus. As a healthcare organization, we also want to reassure you that the health and safety of our service users and staff are always our top priority. We have taken important measures that impact our programming and services as part of our response to containing the spread of COVID-19. While these decisions have been difficult, they are vital to ensuring we keep our Sherbourne communities safe. We are actively monitoring the latest available information about COVID-19, and are committed to promptly communicating any ongoing updates which may affect your care at Sherbourne. Thank you for your support, patience and understanding.
The latest updates will continue to be posted on this page.
*EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 17TH, 2020*
To all service users and visitors to Sherbourne Health,
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we are making changes to our services as precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of our Sherbourne communities.
Starting Tuesday, March 17th, each individual who arrives at our building (i.e., staff and service users) will be actively screened for travel history and symptoms prior to entering. If cleared, staff, service users and people assisting service users will be permitted to enter. Those who do not meet the criteria for clearance will be redirected accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: Only staff, service users and people assisting service users will be permitted to enter the building at 333 Sherbourne Street until further notice. Visitors (non-service users) who are not accessing services will be screened at the entrance and redirected accordingly.
PRIMARY CARE AND CLINICAL SERVICES
- Adjusted hours to primary care and clinical services: Clinical services will operate Monday to Friday from 9 am-5 pm (with Saturday clinics suspended) until further notice.
- Prioritizing urgent care needs:
- In order to effectively manage the needs of our clients, we are prioritizing those clients requiring urgent care. Please note that on Monday, March 16th, medical secretaries will be contacting all clients with pre-booked appointments (for non-urgent care) to confirm cancellations and reschedule appointments accordingly.
- We ask all clients to please refrain from accessing our clinical services in person for non-critical needs. We will be rescheduling and booking appointments as phone appointments where possible. For critical needs or if you would like to see a clinician, please call 416-324-4100 (then press 1) to speak with a medical secretary in order to book an appointment.
- For those requiring urgent care, walk-ins/drop-ins for existing clients will continue on a first come, first served basis.
- Intake for New Clients: Sherbourne Health will not be accepting new clients until further notice.
OTHER PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Health Bus and Interprofessional Primary Care (IPC): To respond to the COVID-19 outbreak, our Health Bus services have been readjusted to best protect the health and safety of our Sherbourne communities. For more information, contact the Health Bus team at 647-730-3392 or fill out our contact form.
- Select Appointments via Telephone: Appointments with mental health counsellors, dietitians and SOY youth resource workers (YRWs) may be conducted via telephone where possible. This will be managed on a case-by-case basis with your clinician/Sherbourne staff member.
- Groups and Drop-ins: All community groups and drop-ins are cancelled until further notice. Service users can still access select Hep C and harm reduction support.
- Mental Health Intake: Our Mental Health Services will not be accepting new intakes for the time being. If you have an emergency please go to your nearest Emergency Department or contact the Gerstein Crisis Line: (416) 929-5200.
- Acute Respite Care (ARC) Program: The ARC Program will only be accepting referrals from community and hospital providers for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. There will be no self-referrals for the time being.
These changes will be in effect as of Tuesday, March 17th until further notice.