job title: Fund Development and Communications Assistant
job ID #: ADM 19-0502
department: Executive Office
reports to: Development Officer and Communications Officer
salary range: $16.00 per hour
status: contract from June 10th ending August 2nd
hours: 35 hours per week
who we are:
Sherbourne is a dynamic provider of integrated health services, community programs and capacity-building initiatives that enable people and diverse communities to achieve wellness.
At Sherbourne, our doors are open to everyone, and we prioritize those who face barriers to care: LGBT2SQ community members; immigrants, refugees and newcomers to Canada; and people who are homeless and under-housed. Our unique programs combine primary health care and chronic disease management, health promotion, outreach and social supports, and mental health services, to increase access for our priority populations, influence population health outcomes, and strive for organizational excellence. They include a Family Health Team (FHT), the Acute Respite Care (ARC) program, The Rotary Club of Toronto Health Bus, Supporting Our Youth, Rainbow Health Ontario, Women In Need ‘Klinik’ (WINK) and Health Access St. James Town.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, we are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto Central LHIN, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, the City of Toronto and many generous donors.
about the role:
You are a collaborative individual who will support fund development and communications activities and initiatives that generate funding for and promote Sherbourne’s community programs.
day to day responsibilities:
As the Fund Development and Communications Assistant, you are responsible for planning and orgnanizing a selection of fundraising campaigns and projects, including Sherbourne’s Bowlathon event, a fall pie-selling campaign, and support to general fundraising functions. You’ll also support communications activities, including assisting with social media, interviewing, content writing, marketing and collaborating with Sherbourne team members on communications needs and other promotional initiatives to support programs and services across the organization.
to thrive in this role, you’ll need:
• Relevant fields of study or experience in communications, fund development/fundraising, non-profit management, social media, marketing and/or public relations
• Fundraising, event planning experience an asset
skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Outgoing and team player
• Familiarity with MS Office suite and creative design tools an asset
conditions of employment as per the canada summer jobs program:
• Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of professional references
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
• Be between 15 – 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• International students are not eligible
to apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID #ADM 19-0502 to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, on May 23rd.
Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
BOLD. KIND. REAL. OPEN. WE CARE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com