Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job ID #: ADM 21-0708-PayAdmin
Date: July 21, 2021
Reports To: Finance Supervisor
Starting Salary Range: $44,363 – $55,458
Status: Full-time, permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Who we are:
Sherbourne Health is a dynamic provider of integrated health services, community programs and capacity-building initiatives that enable people and diverse communities to achieve wellness.
As an urban health agency in downtown Toronto, Sherbourne provides holistic primary care and chronic disease management, mental health services, health promotion and education, and outreach and social supports. Sherbourne’s doors are open to everyone, with a focus on LGBT2SQ communities, people experiencing homelessness and newcomers to Canada, whose complex needs are often not met by traditional health care. Sherbourne combines high quality clinical care with responsive, culturally appropriate community development programs that bring low-barrier services to people in the surrounding communities who need it most.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, we are primarily funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health, our work is also supported by the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and the City of Toronto, and federally through the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.
what we offer:
WORKING AT SHERBOURNE
At Sherbourne Health, we care about our staff and recognize that our biggest strength is our people. We have a solid commitment to life-long learning which is demonstrated through our professional development program. We invest in collective work and staff training to improve client care. We supplement this by creating a low-barrier work environment built on equity and respect, while working together in caring, cohesive teams and providing opportunities for advancement.
We believe in work-life balance and offer:
- Four weeks of vacation per year (to start).
- Membership in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- An extended healthcare and dental package.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Four personal days per year.
- An employee assistance plan.
- A generous professional development plan: up to $1300 to be used towards learning activities.
- Six fully paid professional development days per year – related to position/responsibilities.
Payroll Compliance Practitioner. Oversee Payroll: responsible for the accurate and timely processing of biweekly payroll; reconciliation of payroll accounts (payroll clearing, HOOPP, CPP, EI, WSIB, EHT, Employee Benefits); preparation of monthly and annual relevant reports; and all related activities.
Scope of the Mandate
Reporting directly to the Finance Supervisor, the Payroll Specialist will provide overall support to the Finance team. The individual will be required to collaborate with other members of the Finance Team, all SH staff, and external vendors to fulfil the mandate of this position.
Job Functions or Duties
- Manage payroll services
- Process the bi-weekly payroll for all employees
- Audit time and attendance reports to ensure accuracy of entries; liaise with employee or manager as required to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure that all salaries and wages are paid accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with the Collective Agreement, SH polices, and legislation.
- Ensure that all HR changes are documented for audit purposes and reflected in the payroll system and liaise with HR team to resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensure that appropriate union dues, benefit, pension, & long-term disability contributions are made with each pay period.
- Prepare monthly, annual, and year-end audit payroll journal entries and reconciliations of all relevant payroll accounts.
- Complete all related payroll forms, such as records of employment, year-end reports (T4’s, T4A’s, EHT, WSIB, and annual member data collection for HOOPP MDC report).
- Address all questions regarding payroll in a timely manner.
- Process and reconcile all third-party remittances such as WSIB, benefits, garnishments, union dues, HOOPP, and EHT.
- Reconcile monthly benefits and insurer billings, notify HR of any discrepancies.
- Reconcile current source deductions to GL.
- Prepare and post bi-weekly payroll journal entries into the Sage 300 accounting system.
- Prepare year-end Payroll.
- Prepare all year-end audit working papers related to all payroll accounts.
- Assist with the upgrade of payroll software.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll systems. Dayforce/Ceridian system knowledge required.
- Canadian Payroll certification (Payroll Compliance Practitioner).
- At least 3 years payroll experience for 100+ employees in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Medium to large accounting system experience, preferably Sage 300.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Superior attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately under pressure with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to their work.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community.
This position requires working in a fast-paced environment. Time management, multi-tasking, initiative, organization and prioritizing are essential. The staff will be splitting their time between onsite office location and at homework during the pandemic. Post pandemic the work will be primarily completed onsite. Work outside of normal working hours will be required, specifically during fiscal year end and audit season.
Application: Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID ADM 21-0708-PayAdmin to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, on Friday, July 30, 2021.
Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
BOLD. KIND. REAL. OPEN. WE CARE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com