Website Sherbourne Health
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job ID #: FHT – PTNS Registered Nurse
Department: Urban Health Team, LGBT Health Team, Newcomer Health Team
Reports To: Director, Urban Health and Nursing Practice Lead
Affiliation/Union: UFCW, Local 175
Salary Range: MCS3 $29.91 – $37.86 per hour
Status: Part time, Non Standard
Hours: Hours not guaranteed
Sherbourne Health is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join their Primary Care team.
Sherbourne is a leading provider of quality health care and transformative support to people who face social, economic and other systemic barriers. Our mission is to advance the equity and quality of care and services and to improve health for underserved communities. This is done through primary health and chronic disease services; health promotion and education; outreach and social supports; and mental health services.
Sherbourne provides innovative health care and social services to the diverse urban population of southeast Toronto. While our doors are open to everyone, we focus on people who are homeless or under-housed; LGBTQ, and newcomers to Canada. We are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Toronto Central LHIN, Ministry of Child and Youth Services, City of Toronto and many generous companies, groups and individuals.
We are presently looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team to provide primary care to clients of Sherbourne Health. This is an exciting opportunity to work as a member of an inter-disciplinary care team to develop and provide a diverse and varied service in a community based setting.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current Registration with the Ontario College of Nurses in the General Class; BScN preferred.
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated Nursing experience in a community health, primary care (or similar) setting.
- Experience with communities facing barriers to accessing health care due to social isolation, homelessness, mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Proven ability to problem solve effectively and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Availability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and Saturdays.
- Solid interpersonal and crisis intervention skills.
- Experience and comfort working with an electronic charting system is an asset (Accuro preferred).
We offer competitive compensation and participation in the Hospital of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) as well as professional development.
As an employer, Sherbourne is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
Application: If you are interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume quoting Job ID: FHT – PTNS Registered Nurse via one of the methods below.
Visit our website at www.sherbourne.on.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or drop ins please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org