RECRUITMENT OF BOARD OF DIRECTOR AND NON-DIRECTOR COMMITTEE MEMBER POSITIONS
Sherbourne Health strives every day to meet the needs of the people and the diverse communities we serve. Together in partnership with individuals and families, health care providers, community groups and companies, we work to develop impactful programs and create new, dynamic services to keep our communities healthy and living well.
Situated in the heart of Toronto’s downtown east, the Sherbourne Health Centre has been providing essential primary care and chronic disease management, mental health services, health promotion and education, and outreach and social supports since 2002. Our doors are open to everyone, with a focus on clients who are homeless or under-housed, members of the LGBT2SQ+ community, and newcomers to Canada.
We are seeking volunteers who are committed to our Vision, Mission and Values for the following positions on Sherbourne Health’s Board of Directors:
- Directors who exercise a fiduciary responsibility to the organization in overseeing Sherbourne Health Centre’s strategy, objectives, and operating activities; and
- Non-Director Committee Members who apply their relevant knowledge and lived experience to assist Directors with the work of the Board’s committees. Committee Members are voting members at Committee meetings but do not attend Board meetings. A Committee Member role has lower experience requirements and is open to a wide range of applicants.
Candidates should have a passion for good governance, organizational development, health equity, and community advocacy. In addition, we are currently seeking people with any of the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience in accounting/finance (e.g., CPA designation), risk management, and/or Law (Member in good standing with College).
- Strategic Planning, Business/Management, and Human Resources / Labour Relations, and fund development;
- Public policy and government relations, Anti-Oppression and Diversity Issues, Healthcare Clinical Experience (MD, RN, NP), Healthcare Policy & Administration, Social Services & Community Engagement, and Education & Research.
Sherbourne is dedicated to building a Board that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation, ability, and gender identity. We strongly encourage folks who identify as BIPOC to apply. Individuals may also be 30+ years of age, have lived experience with homelessness (or under-housed), and/or members of the trans community.
Due to the COVID pandemic, interviews and meetings will be held remotely using Microsoft Teams via internet or telephone access. Should you require assistance with telephone or internet access or a device to support Microsoft Teams, please mention that in your cover letter so that we can make accommodations. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in writing by April 30, 2021 by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining your relevant experience and your preferred position (Director or Non-Director Committee Member) to:
Chair, Governance Committee, Sherbourne Health Centre
333 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, ON M5A 2S5
ABOUT THE SHERBOURNE HEALTH CENTRE
Sherbourne Health is a dynamic provider of integrated health services, community programs and
capacity-building initiatives that enable people and diverse communities to achieve wellness. As an urban health agency in downtown Toronto, Sherbourne provides holistic primary care and chronic disease management,
mental health services, health promotion and education, and outreach and social supports. Sherbourne’s doors are open to everyone, with a focus on the LGBT2SQ+ communities, homeless and under-housed people and
newcomers to Canada, whose complex needs are often not met by traditional health care. Sherbourne
combines high quality clinical care with responsive, culturally appropriate community development programs that bring low-barrier services to people in the surrounding communities who need it most.
For further information, please see our website and strategic plan.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org