Primary & Family Health Care
What is a family health team?
A Family Health Team is an approach to primary health care that brings together different health care providers to coordinate your care. Our Family Health Team consists of doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, dietitians, and other health care professionals who work collaboratively, each using their experience and skills to provide care.
We focus on providing care for the Mid-East Toronto neighbourhood, people experieincing homelessness and under-housed people, 2SLGBTQ community and newcomers to Canada. Our Family Health Team offers a variety of health programs and services, ranging from advice and guidance on living healthier to avoid illness, to foot care, overdose prevention and managing a chronic disease.
Please note that Sherbourne Health is not a walk-in clinic. You must be a registered client to receive medical services.
Our family health team
Some of the services that we provide include:
- Preventative health care including routine physicals, vaccinations and screening for disease
- Diagnoses, treatment and monitoring of temporary and chronic illness
- Diabetes education and management
- Foot care
- Smoking cessation
- Overdose prevention and distribution of naloxone kits
- Transition-related care, including surgical assessments and referrals for transition-related surgeries (TRS) and post-surgical care
See a Doctor / Family Health Team *For Registered Clients Only*
Make an appointment
If you are a registered client of Sherbourne and would like to see a healthcare provider, you must first contact us to schedule an appointment.
We now offer online appointment booking for many of our physicians. Please click here to learn more.
Hours and drop-in times for registered clients
Regular Centre Hours
Clinic hours vary depending on the client’s specific needs.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 – 8 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Saturday Walk-In Clinic
Registered clients of Sherbourne’s Family Health Team can also access walk-in appointments on Saturdays ONLY, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., with the last appointment offered at 12 p.m.
First come, first served – space is limited so arrive early! Note that clients must arrive before 12 p.m. in order to be seen.
- Staffed by a physician, nurse and medical secretary
- Emergency, urgent, serious, pressing/acute matters only – e.g., fever, chest pain, breathing problem, serious injury, ill child
- No routine prescriptions or narcotics
- No forms, physical exams or foot care