The Corner and Health Access St. James Town
The Corner in the heart of St. James Town operates on a hub model, where users can gain access to health care, health resources, community services, food and more.
The Corner is a community space dedicated to local initiatives and services to benefit the St. James Town neighbourhood. Its main site is located at 200 Wellesley St. E. and its secondary site operates from 240 Wellesley St. E.
With support from Sherbourne Health and other organizations, The Corner provides tools for valuable, on-the-ground collaborations that tackle barriers to wellness. Sherbourne co-leads and engages in several services at The Corner, including:
• Health care: People without family doctors can visit a nurse practitioner, who is part of Sherbourne’s Community Health and Capacity Building Initiatives team. The nurse practitioner leads the Health Access St. James Town clinic.
• Emotional wellness: Sherbourne provides weekly on-site mental health counselling and assists with case management.
• Meal programming: Our Food for Good initiative teams up with The Corner’s St. James Town Catering Collective to provide groceries and healthy meals to those who need it. Every Wednesday, Sherbourne’s Food for Good Market Greens sells affordable produce to the community.
Community events: Sherbourne and The Corner frequently collaborate on programming, such as vaccine clinics, health-related workshops, and an annual consultation with residents and service providers.
We continue to offer low-barrier health care services in partnership with the St. James Town Community Corner through our Wellness Clinics, for ages six months and up. Book your appointment by calling 416-347-0943.
Visitors can access the following services:
- level checks (blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol)
- blood tests (dependent on eligibility)
- cancer screening
- service intake and help with navigating services, no insurance required
Clinic Times And Locations
Tuesdays: 1 to 6:30 p.m. at The Corner (200 Wellesley Street East)
Health Access St. James Town
Health Access St. James Town (HASJT) is a program co-led by Sherbourne Health and The Neighbourhood Organization. Through HASJT’s community-based hub model of localized service, intake workers can connect residents to a network of health and social service providers, community partners, and housing groups. Learn more about The Corner and HASJT.
The HASJT clinic is located at The Corner and is led by a nurse practitioner from Sherbourne Health. The nurse practitioner is able to provide primary care services to clients without an existing family doctor, as well as refer clients to other supports from Sherbourne – a family physician, a community dietitian, the Diabetes Education Program, and case management – alongside everything else The Corner offers.
If you are a St. James Town resident looking to book an appointment, call the HASJT intake line at 416-964-6657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org