2SLGBTQ Health Programs
Sherbourne offers a wide range of primary healthcare programs and services to Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and non-binary, and queer (2SLGBTQ) individuals. Our goal is to provide culturally competent, non-judgmental services to help clients feel better, cope better with day-to-day challenges and address specific 2SLGBTQ health issues. Primary care providers at Sherbourne Health have specific expertise in addressing the physical, mental and emotional needs of 2SLGBTQ people and their families.
Our 2SLGBTQ primary healthcare team promotes health and wellness by addressing the specific issues of those who identify as 2SLGBTQ in an open, safe and welcoming environment.
Some of the services for our 2SLGBTQ clients include:
- Primary care services including treatment and monitoring of temporary and chronic illness (including HIV) and preventative health care including childhood checkups, vaccinations and screening for disease.
- Mental health services
- Education for the prevention and management of diabetes through our Diabetes Education Program.
- Trans health care
- Acute Respite Care for post-surgical supports
- 2SLGBTQ youth health and mentoring through Supporting Our Youth
- 2SLGBTQ Parenting and Family Resources
- 2SLGBTQ province-wide health promotion through Rainbow Health Ontario
- Wellness workshops and support groups
- Health promotion and education